UFOs, NBUS and forgotten stamps

nancine

UFOs, NBUS and forgotten stamps

Post by nancine »

Challenging myself to use what I have. I spent several hours over the weekend re-organizing and cleaning up the "studio" and was a bit overwhelmed with all the stamps I have. Some have not seen an ink pad in years. Others have never seen one. So before I buy anything new, I'm determined to use some stuff. I also have a folder of background pieces that need to be used!

Won't you join me?
Attachments
The tulips I've used, but not for awhile. The sentiment is from the same set (PaperTrey Ink) but never used. The polka dot background is one of the forgotten stamps!
The tulips I've used, but not for awhile. The sentiment is from the same set (PaperTrey Ink) but never used. The polka dot background is one of the forgotten stamps!
Tulips.JPG (124.14 KiB) Viewed 747 times
The background is one I made quite awhile ago, and the cute bunny is a Unity stamp that I never used before!
The background is one I made quite awhile ago, and the cute bunny is a Unity stamp that I never used before!
Bunny_shaker.jpg (109.78 KiB) Viewed 747 times
mpizzazz

Re: UFOs, NBUS and forgotten stamps

Post by mpizzazz »

Very nice! I'm sure we could all join you in this challenge! Even I, who haven't touched paper for a year or more, have some new stamps. :roll:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

These cards are adorable. And I bet it felt really good to use old stuff. Particularly stuff that hasn't been used. I definitely know that I can contribute to this thread. Thanks for giving us a shove.
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

very springy card
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Great cards, Nancy.... and I've been having those thoughts lately, too... about my old and/or NBUSs up on a shelf in my scrap room. Some of them are the sets of CS stamps that I just HAD to have.... so now I have a ton of them. They don't always go with things I'm scrapping about... so that's why I started making more cards, lately. That gives me a chance to make those neglected stamps inky!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Nancy your cards are delightful. I especially love your shaker card...adorable. You really hit home with your mention of ready made backgrounds. I have a TON of them. Backgrounds as well as many pre-stamped images. They need to be on my table and USED. Thanks for this great inspiration.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Huh, I could have sworn I posted a reply here this morning. Love your shaker card Nancy! That's a great challenge.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

This is a challenge that most all of us could join in on. Every time I purge supplies, I find stamps I still love, but have never used. It's just sad. Once I have a space to work in again, I'll choose a set at random and use it - or lose it. How's that for putting pressure on myself?

Your cards are just adorable - perfect for spring!
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

This may be cheating somewhat, because I made these cards a couple weeks ago. But not posted anywhere. But they are definitely made with a NBUS stamp that I bought several years ago specifically for the birthdays of my April girls. And then I never used it. I was afraid of the coloring. So I was determined to use it this year. A birthday card for each of my girls born on April 1. Next year I think I will use an April fool's theme. Is that rude? Stamp is Papertrey Ink.
Attachments
IMG_3625.JPG
IMG_3625.JPG (95.86 KiB) Viewed 698 times
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Those are really pretty.... you did a great job on the coloring!

(I think you should have fun with an April Fool's theme next year... chuckle)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
nancine

Post by nancine »

beautiful watercoloring!

Maybe you could go for fun next year, LOL
Like the SU stamp that says something like, "at least you're still pretty"... whatever that's supposed to mean?!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I like how that stamp has a stained glass look. Very nice coloring.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Thank you. It doesn't approach your Coptic talent but my recipients don't have that to compare me to. Ha ha
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Beautiful cards, Jen. This is a great challenge!
Kathryn.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Copic. Not Coptic. Or colic. As Siri just typed.