Rainy weekend=card making

nancine

Rainy weekend=card making

Post by nancine »

It's raining on and off this weekend, sometimes a big downpour! So since we have no real plans (beyond laundry, grocery shopping etc :lol: ) I'm enjoying some creative time.

I recently got some new ink pads, like I need more ink pads! But these are really great IMHO.
They are Catherine Pooler inks. She's got lots of info/videos on them, but so far I've really enjoyed working with them. The green card is the inks smoothed onto acrylic block & spritzed with water and pressed into Bristol paper. The flowers are just stamped using her inks, great on solid images. The background of the crazy bird tag is first embossed then I sponged the colors. Goes on really nice. I've got a few more in the works, and starting my valentines!

catherinepooler.com
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (175.65 KiB) Viewed 759 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (253.11 KiB) Viewed 759 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (164.47 KiB) Viewed 759 times
Debbie J

Re: Rainy weekend=card making

Post by Debbie J »

Beautiful cards and the colours are vibrant!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

How pretty!
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Wow, Wow, Wow Nancy!!! You are a great ad for her inks. I've been looking at them also. Dang, now I want to try some. What vibrant, saturated colors. Your cards are fabulous...love the flower one a lot.

What colors did you choose and how did you choose them? Just what appealed to you?
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Yeah, what Farley said. Inquiring minds need to know!
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Yes, gorgeous. Love the saturation. And your cards are lovely, too.
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

What cheerful happy cards, just the thing for a wet weekend! I love those vibrant colours.
Kathryn.
nancine

Post by nancine »

I have all the colors now :oops:

I bought her Foundations box last year with my birthday money - 3 stamp,sets, 5 ink pads, acrylic block and some of her really nice heavy white cardstock, already scored for cards. This box would be awesome for a new stamper, but still something a seasoned stamper would use/enjoy.

So after using them I knew I would want the newest colors when they came out in January.

Another nice thing is that the second generation stamping of them gives you a really nice lighter shade, not too pale. So you can use one ink pad for say a flower that has two step stamping. Some of the flowers I stamped are second generation. The leaves show the 2 step idea.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

nancine wrote:I have all the colors now :oops:

I bought her Foundations box last year with my birthday money - 3 stamp,sets, 5 ink pads, acrylic block and some of her really nice heavy white cardstock, already scored for cards. This box would be awesome for a new stamper, but still something a seasoned stamper would use/enjoy.

So after using them I knew I would want the newest colors when they came out in January.

Another nice thing is that the second generation stamping of them gives you a really nice lighter shade, not too pale. So you can use one ink pad for say a flower that has two step stamping. Some of the flowers I stamped are second generation. The leaves show the 2 step idea.

Thanks Nancy. After watching a couple of videos I figured you may have done the foundation kit. Looks like a nice one. I really like her colors. I wondered about her card stock since your colors looked so rich. I will investigate further. I'm am also an ink pad junkie aka: sucker. :lol: Actually her price for the full set isn't too bad.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Everything looks so even and smooth, Nancy! Gorgeous!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
nancine

Post by nancine »

Stamp Nation (Catherine Pooler) is celebrating their 6th birthday, so these are some cards I made for a few of their challenges.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (234.75 KiB) Viewed 670 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (33.03 KiB) Viewed 670 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (49.9 KiB) Viewed 670 times
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

These are great, and oh, you know I love that cake. Is that a stamp or a die or both? Must have???
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

GULP! Nancy, I just looked at Stamp Nation and can't believe one of the prizes this month. That Faber Castell box is amazing. I hope you win it. Fabulous!!!
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Loving all your cards! I hope you win!