Let's Talk About The INSIDES of Cards

mpizzazz

Let's Talk About The INSIDES of Cards

Post by mpizzazz »

I'd like to hear how you all add text to the insides of your cards. I have the worst time with all the different Christmas cards I send. Some have a greeting on the outside so I need to find something else to stamp or write on the inside. If there is no text on the outside, that makes it easier. But then I have to fit the style of the greeting to the style of the card. And some people need a more traditional greeting while HO HO HO suits others so I have to tailor it to the recipient. Plus I can't seem to stamp straight at all.

I notice that some people print something out and glue it to the inside. Do you design that on your computer and then print it? Do you use the same greeting for all the cards you make?

Am I overthinking this? I just know I really hate doing the insides of the cards.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Re: Let's Talk About The INSIDES of Cards

Post by pamcook »

I'm with you Marianne. Nine times out of ten, I don't use a sentiment inside. If anyone can overthink this issue, it's me.
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

I'm another who doesn't typically do a sentiment inside unless I feel it fits, or the stamp set I'm playing with has one that works. Most of the time I prefer to simply hand write on the inside of a card.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

My preference is not to put any words on the front of the card, then any stamped/printed sentiment inside just has to match the style of the card - assuming I have something that works. Typically I stamp, and no I don't always get it straight. I don't worry about it, although the Precision Press could now help with that. And like Marianne, I try to tailor my message to the recipient - or at least go with something generic enough not to offend.

If I put a sentiment on the front, hopefully it doesn't require another one inside. Then I'll sometimes adhere a diecut so the inside is not totally plain, and write my message. I make far fewer cards than many of you do.

You'd think that stamp manufacturers would have figured it out by now, and include both outside and inside sentiments in their stamp sets in matching or coordinating fonts. Not very bright of them all, considering the gazillions of stamps sets available.
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

I immediately think of Paulette Jarvey of Hot off the Press/paper wishes. While watching her webisodes, she does a little...oh no, nothing inside, if the card is blank...closes it up and moves on. Lol.
I think she EXPECTS, there to be something there.

I TRY, to put something in there...stamp wise. Does not matter to me if they are from different sets.

I have also printed something off with the computer as well.

I have also just written a note inside.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
nancine

Post by nancine »

I really wish they would come up with coordinated sentiment sets - so that your front and inside match!
SU has a birthday set like that, which is handy.

I just try and get something that is close to the "style" of the card. If the card says Merry Christmas on the front I have a few that say something along the lines of enjoying the holidays and wishes for the new year. That way it's not "Merry Christmas" twice :lol:

Sometimes I think we card-makers over think this --- the recipients probably don't pay attention that close!
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I think about the season and the person
One usually comes to me
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Nancy, you're probably right in that we think about it far more than the recipient. I was also thinking that if the sentiment on the front comes from a stamp set that also has images, one of those images stamped on the inside in lieu of more words could work. Especially if you're writing a message inside. I'm thinking of some of my TH Christmas sets that have both.
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

I look for stamps that can be used as inside
phrases for different cards.
there are sets out there with both front
of card and inside sentiments
I like to have a sentiment inside if I am
sending a card for a special occasion
or holiday
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Most times when I do a card (miss doing them now) I use a thinking of you stamp on the outside and leave the inside blank. When I go to use it I can either stamp something on the inside like a Happy Birthday along with a greeting that goes with that or I just had write a message.

Christmas is totally different. I almost always stamp something on the inside - Stampin' Up! has a lot of good sentiments that I have saved over the years. I stamp an image lightly in the center and then stamp the sentiment over it.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

That's a nice idea to do, Cheryl, stamping a light image and then the sentiment.

I should really do the insides when I make the card and not wait until I all the Christmas cards to write and then have to do the insides.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

I always put a blank paper insert in my cards, then write something appropriate when I send it. (OK, it's usually "With love and best wishes for...") :P
Kathryn.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

When I made my cards last night, I actually took the time to look at the sentiments in the set to make sure they made sense. Now that they're dry, I can add the inside sentiment. For some reason, this set had "coordinating" sentiment stamps. I'll keep it on my desk to see if I can't use it on all my Christmas cards this year.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

i typically use the sentiment on the outside and hand write a message, no matter how brief, on the inside. But it is nice to have sentiments that work outside and inside with matching fonts or ones that go with the style or stamp on the front of the card. I think that MFT has a set or two that have the out/in combo sentiments. I need to look through mine and see if I have any. I may have one from CTMH also.

A light stamping with versamark on the inside can be very pretty and subtle.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Thank you for all the responses. All my Christmas stamps are separated and other than the old CS Christmas rubber sheet of sentiments, I have no definite inside/outside sentiment sets. My sets are broken up with all greetings together and images together on other page protectors. I am going to try to do the insides when I do the outsides.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels